Harbin Electric International Co., Ltd. (HEI), an important member of HE Group, is China’s leading large-scale enterprise in power project contracting and export of power equipment. Established in 1983, HEI is primarily engaged in the supply of complete sets of equipment, the undertaking of EPC projects, and the construction of relative substation, transmission lines, and other utilities in the area of thermal power plants, hydropower station projects, combined-cycle power plants and wind power projects. HEI also provides comprehensive professional after-sale service for the power plant.
HEI offers a combination of excellence in power plant construction and professional after-sale services. Internationally-recognized engineering management software and HEI-PMS project management system are being adopted for its project management. HEI was the first professional power engineering company passing the ISO9001 International Quality Assurance system certification. In 2009, it again took the lead by passing certification on OHSAS 18001-2007 Occupational Health and Safety system and GB/T24001-2004 idt ISO 14001-2004 Environmental Management System.
During the past 30 years, HEI with advanced technology, exemplary management and outstanding service, has provided complete sets of power equipment or built large power stations on turnkey basis in more than 20 countries such as Pakistan, the Philippines, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Iran, Sudan, India, Indonesia, Turkey, Ecuador and The United Arab Emirates with total installed capacity of nearly 30000MW. It has grown into the backbone enterprise in China for the export of large power generation equipment and power plant contracting on EPC basis and has become one of the most important international contractors in the world. It has been recognized in the list of ENR as one of the world’s top 250 international contractors for many years. Its corporate performance continues to set new records both in the HE Group and among China’s domestic enterprises.
- Guddu Power Plant Project—achieved our goal for domestic power equipment to advance into the international market.
- Uch Power Plant Project—set precedent for HE Group in jointly undertaking construction of a power plant with an internationally renowned engineering company.
- GarriⅠEPC Project in Sudan—the first large power plant project built in Africa.
- Sudan Merowe Power Transmission Project—the longest power transmission project by Chinese EPC contractor internationally.
- Vietnam Cam Pha 2×300MW Power Plant Project—achieved our goal of exporting the full set of 300MW class power plant units for the first time.
- Indonesia Paiton 1×660MW Coal-fired Power Plant Project — historic breakthrough for HE Group, exporting the full set of 600MW class power plant units.
- Batch export of 8 units of 600MW generation equipment to India— HE Group’s the largest single batch export of 600MW class units, substantially expanding the market share of 600MW class units for HE Group.
- Minas 3X90MW Hydropower Project — the first hydropower project contracted on EPC basis in Ecuador and has successfully opened up a brand-new market in South America for HE Group.
- Zetes III 2x660MW Supercritical Coal-fired Power Plant Project in Turkey — HE Group’s first 600MW class unit entering European market.
- The 500kV&230kV Transmission Lines and Substation Project in Ecuador — The first 500kV class power transmission project HE Group undertaken in South American market.
- Bhikki 1180MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project in Pakistan — China’s first overseas H class combined cycle power plant with the largest installed capacity constructed by HE Group.
- Hassyan 4x600MW Clean Coal-fired Power Plant Project in Dubai — HE Group’s first overseas investment and EPC project in Middle-East market.